Dates for your diary
Toylander will be attending some shows in 2017:
20th March 2016 - Pentillie Castle & Estate, Saltash Cornwall (click here for more info) - we will be there with some of our vehicles on show.
24th April 2016 Great British Landrover Show at NAEC, Stoneleigh (click here for more info) - we will have a stand at the show, please come and see our vehicles.
17th - 19th June 2016 - Royal Three Counties Show Great Malvern (click here for more info) - we will have a stand at the show, please come and see our vehicles.
26th - 28th August 2016 Carfest South, Laverstock Park Farm, Hampshire (click here for more info)
Recently seen for sale:
Show reports ( PDF files )Bedford Model Engineering Society Steam Event 2012
Bedford Model Engineering Society Steam Event 2011
Building the car
Pictures of cars and some details of the build up process of a Toylander 1 put together in our workshops from our ready made body for Land Rover Monthly magazine in 2008.
Page 1 and 2
Page 3 and 4
Supplier of paint for Land Rovers; kit contents below.
TOYLANDER KIT – CONTENTS
- 1 x Litre High Gloss Synthetic Coach Enamel
- 1 x Litre Synthetic Primer
- 1 x Litre Synthetic Thinners
- ½ x Litre High Gloss Limestone for wheels
- ½ x Litre Black Chassis Paint
- 1 x 400ml Aerosol Silver for the Galv
- ½ x Litre MDF Sealant
- 1 x 400ml Aerosol Etch Primer
- 1 x 100ml tube Wood Stopper
- 6 x pieces Rubbing paper, various
- 6 x pieces Wet & Dry paper, various
- 1 x Ball Wire wool
- 1 x Roll 1" Masking Tape
- 1 x 2" Professional Brush
- 1 x 1" Professional Brush
- 1 x ½" Professional Brush
- 1 x No8 Touch Up Brush
- 2 x Pair Nitrile gloves
Price: £107.00 plus carriage
Some paint codes
- Deep Bronze Green: LRC 001 / BS224
- Pastel Green: LRC 005
- Marine Blue: LRC 006
- Limestone [also used on wheels] LRC 007 / RAL 1013
- Mid Grey LRC 008
- Silver for rear detail and cross member Humbrol MET 11 applied with Artist's ¾" sable brush.
Coach painting Providing information on coach painting - Various painting tips, Land Rover paint colour codes including colours and a BS-381C colour chart.
QD90 from Blackfriars Full range of colours including Landrover Green - Details
Army TL3 Paint:
RAL 6022 Olive Drab; avoid matt if you want a decent finish.
Spectral coatings - Manufacturer of water based, child safe, eco friendly paints stains and lacquers.
Craftmaster paints - UK's leading supplier of paint products to the Heritage Transport and Canal markets.
2013 - MFR Tractor now available
2014 - Commercial vehicle
Out and about:
Owners club website
Check out the new Toylander Owners Club website.. It has a forum, more photos of customers cars and you can upload photos of your own project.
- Jig saw with adjustable foot to cut angles, fine tooth blades and some narrow blades
- Electric drill plus assortment of drill bits and hole saws or 'Forstner' bits and countersink
- Protractor for setting angles, school compass
- Pop rivet gun with variable rivet sizes
- Hand saw, Hacksaw, Knife
- Assorted screw drivers
- Tape measure
- Hammer, mallet, roll of tape
- Rasp, files, surform or similar and selection of sandpaper
- Assorted spanners, Allen key, pliers, scissors, snips etc.
- Bench mounted vice
You can order tools online at www.henlowbulidingsupplies.co.uk
Driving our cars in a public place requires Road Traffic Act insurance [3rd party] as of the change in the Road Traffic Act amendments in 2000. Public place e.g. the pavement including outside your house, parks, shows, exhibitions, school playground, car parks etc.
This insurance is available from Tony W via our link to Walker Midgley www.walkermidgley.co.uk no connection with our business other than good service.
Prices around £40